One Infrared Sauna Session
Mid-week Special (Wednesdays and Thursdays) $30 (usual add-on prices apply).
Infrared Sauna add-on to facial appointment
Package of 5 sessions
5 x 1 hour infrared sauna sessions
+ Carafe of Imbibe Beauty Renewal $3
+ Two person $15
+ Extra Towel $3
How does an Infrared sauna work and what are the potential benefits?
In an infrared sauna, the infrared waves are heating your body directly and only 20% of the heat is heating the air. Your body absorbs the infrared heat and reacts to it. This is an effective way to heat your body core. The gentle infrared heat raise your core body temperature and stimulates your metabolism, lymphatic system, immune system and your cardiovascular system. Your body’s response to that is to sweat profusely. In addition to the infrared heat triggering a profuse sweat, the water in our bodies also resonates with far infrared heat and this also helps with the detoxification process.
It may be a beneficial addition to your wellness routine for the some of the following reasons:
- Improves lymphatic drainage and detoxification pathways which can result in improved skin tone and more energy.
- Stimulates metabolism for weight loss.
- Supports a healthy immune response.
- Can aid in stress relief and overall improved mood and wellbeing.
- Supports muscle recovery and reduces muscle fatigue.
Our sauna is made by Clearlight from non-toxic Canadian cedar. This sauna exceeds all safety standards and has the lowest EMF rating on the market.
Health, safety and contraindications.
Please do not attend our venue if you are feeling unwell or if you are displaying any flue like symptoms.
If you have any questions regarding your current medical condition or medications and the use of an infrared sauna please consult your medical doctor before use. Infrared Saunas creating a cure for or treating any disease is neither implied nor should be inferred. In the rare event that you experience pain and/or discomfort while in the sauna immediately discontinue use.
Avoid using the sauna if...
- You are pregnant
- Over the age of 55
- Have a cardiovascular condition
- Suffer from any chronic health conditions including lupus
- Are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Have high or low blood pressure
- Are heat sensitive
- Have haemophilia
The sauna is wiped down with non-toxic products after every use. The sauna is made from cedar which is naturally antibacterial and the high temperature and infrared waves also help to naturally disinfect.
A few things to note to get the most out of your session…
- Each session allows for up to 45 minutes of sauna time and 15 mins to refresh, change etc.
- One luxurious towel and floor mat will be provided per person. Additional towels are available at a cost of $3 each.
- A carafe with filtered water is provided. Remember to stay hydrated before and after your session!
- We recommend wearing as little as possible during your session such as swimmers but please remain seated on your towel.
- Limit the amount of personal care products you use before your session as moisturisers, oils and fragrances can block pores and inhibit sweating.
- You can bring a book or magazine along or connect your phone or tablet to the sauna via Bluetooth to enjoy music or a podcast. Or simply enjoy the peace and quiet!
- It's recommended to let your body cool off for up to 30 minutes after using the sauna. However, our bathroom is equipped with a shower and toiletries should you need it.
We hope you thoroughly enjoy your sauna experience at Luna.
View our meticulously designed treatments for all skin types and concerns. Facials, LED light therapy, microdermabrasion, and sonophoresis, located at our Surry Hills clinic.
The consultation begins with a complete holistic health assessment covering diet, lifestyle, emotional obstacles to healing and a detailed review of all body systems relevant to presenting symptoms...
The gentle infrared heat raises your core body temperature and stimulates your metabolism, lymphatic system, immune system and your cardiovascular system.